Monday, May 2, 2011

Much Needed Rain for Some - Bad News For Others...


The above image shows today's latest rainfall forecast from the HPC.  While the one-half inch to one inch amounts forecast for portions of northwest Texas and the Texas Hill Country are certainly welcome news, the heaviest rains in forecast to be excess of 2 inches across Arkansas and into the Tennessee and lower Ohio Valley certainly is not good news.  Widespread flooding continues in this region, and conditions will only be worsened by additional heavy rainfall.

The image below shows areas where rainfall amounts are forecast to exceed those necessary to cause flash flooding.  The area at highest risk is shown in red:



2 comments:

Shamrock said...

Rob-please look at the weather for Butler TN-Johnson County for tomorrow and give me your opinion. They are saying there's a slight chance of severe....mostly damaging winds and hail but that a few tornadoes can't be ruled out. We're at a 2-3 on the Tornado Index. I know I am probably just freaking out, but we just got hit by a tornado so I'm still quite nervous. I of course will watch the weather closely but will you please give me your opinion? I trust it. Thanks!

Rob White said...

Shamrock, sorry for missing your comment/question, I just now got on to the computer for the first time today.

It's obviously not 'news' now, but you shouldn't have had severe weather, just some heavy rain & maybe gusty winds. It looks like the severe weather passed to your North and East (which I'm sure didn't bother you a bit!)

Thanks again...